Wednesday, February 13, 2008

How might shadow comforts or time monsters block me from trusting myself or from exploring the yearning I just named?

I say yes too often. Just because I have a time slot, doesn't mean that I have to fill it. Sometimes I might need to cancel a few activities because it's just too much. I have to make sure that I have time for myself and time for my family.

Some steps that I've already taken:

Stopped going to two grocery stores a week--at least during the school year. It doesn't matter what the sales are, my time is more valuable.
The Jr. YLSC program will be ending soon, so I will have a longer Sunday afternoon. This is a wonderful program, but I'm glad that it's just a few weeks a year.
Asking Nana to take Ellen to the birthday party on Friday night. Delegating is a good thing.
Possibly opting not to take John to Carter's birthday on Saturday. It's just not at a good time for us (nap time).
I've readied a few clothes for the consignment sale, but I'm not going to worry about doing any more. It's enough to get to shop early, and there's no reason to spend Saturday pricing a ton of clothes that may or may not sell.
No counseling on Monday night--not within my control, but it helps to not have somewhere to go on Monday.
I may keep the kids home from church tonight. I can't decide what would be best.

No comments: